A sleeping bag is one of the last things you’d want to leave behind before heading out on a camping trip, but you want to make sure you’re taking the right one. Choosing the best sleeping bag can be a vital challenge for you, when you aimed at a wide range of adventures. To help in this matter, we analyzed top contenders, selecting the best 5, putting them to the test via side-by-side testing in our lab and in the field. Our mission is to find the best traditional sleeping bag for your next road trips, campgrounds, and backyard camping. We didn’t give a single bag the slightest break. We knit-picked each and every bag to death to find you the best sleeping bag – and what we found may surprise you. That will keep you warm and dry in the toughest conditions.
Here you find the best three sleeping bags for camping, at least one from these five might be good for you.
1. TETON Sports Celsius XXL
The TETON Sports Celsius XXL is a multi-season, extra-roomy sleeping bag. Durable two-way zipper, flannel lining, thick taffeta shell, mummy-style hood, inside pocket. It is one of the best sleeping bag under $100.Includes stuff pouch with compression straps. This commodious sleeping bag looks like a portable bed with 90″ long and 39″ wide, especially when paired with the TETON Sports® Outfitter XXL Camp Pad. Cushion around shoulder and zipper opening keep drafts out and astonished seams distribute fill equally and diminish compression to eliminate unfriendly spots. Warm flannel lining holds body heat. No-rip, self-repairing zipper unlocks top or bottom for regulating ventilation and fixes easily to second bag for shared sleeping space.
- Durable taffeta shell is easy to pack, lightweight, and stands up to years of use
- The TETON Sports Celsius XXL dimension is 90″ x 39″, fifteen inches longer and three inches wider than most bags
- Full-length zipper baffle reduces drafts
- Right and left zippered bags zip together
- Best rated for cold temperatures
With double-layer construction, the bag increases warmth and strength
1. Coleman Brazos
Sleep comfortably with the Coleman Brazos, even when it’s 20⁰ F in the outside. The patented zipper system which is specially-designed, plows through the fabric to avoid snags, even all around the bottom corner. The Thermo lock System reduces heat loss though the zipper, and Fiber lock Construction prevents insulation from shifting. When you get ready to pack up or finish off, the conspicuous Roll Control System keeps the bag in place for easier rolling and the stuff sack makes packing and storing a cinch. The sleeping bag is machine cleanable.
- 100% Polyester with fill 100% Polyester
- Fits most heights up to 5 ft. 11 in.; Dimensions: 33 x 75 in
- For temperatures 20⁰ F to 40⁰ F
- Tricot knit lining and Polyester cover
- Machine washable
- The Thermo lock System reduces heat loss though the zipper, and Fiber lock Construction prevents insulation from shifting
The patented zipper system which is specially-designed, plows through the fabric to avoid snags
3. The Wenzel Grande
Battle frosty nights with the extreme warmth and comfort of the Grade sleeping bag. Filled with a hefty 6.5 pounds of Insul-Therm™ and covered in 8 ounces of cotton, the loose outer construction of this durably designed, 0-degree rated bag will make each and every camper feel extra toasty when the temperature drops.
- Quilt through construction
- Hook and Loop with embroidered Wenzel logo secures zipper
- Unzips fully to convert to blanket
- Large 2-way main zipper offers versatile venting
- Size: 81″ x 38″
- Stuff Size: 19″ x 14″
- Full: 6.5 lbs. Insul-Therm
- Outer Fabric: 8 oz. cotton
- Liner: Poly/cotton flannel
- Storage: Compression straps with dust cover